Buongiorno! Pleased to meet you! I’m Nick.
So a bit about me, the founder, and our fantastic team…
I’m a consultant too – an international development economist and accountant for over 20 years. You may see my profile here:
Hubconsult’s Smart Company Solution evolved from my own personal experience working in so many countries around the world (I am now up to 94!). You’ll find me in Italy, UK (where I am from), or maybe in an airport! (Drop me a line, if you think our paths may cross..!)
Speaking to many consultants, I heard several frustrations, ones which they wished there was a solution to:
- The expense of book-keepers
- The huge amount of time is takes to manage company admin
- Cost and hassle of year-end audits, completing and filing Annual Returns
- The bureaucracy and fees involved in opening and maintaining a registered company
- The huge loss of earnings from taxes and VAT
- Difficulty in keeping accounting systems up to date when on the move
- Lengthy process to open a company bank account and so on
- Difficulty in bidding on projects on one’s own without sufficient project references
So we worked on bringing you a solution that makes more sense for you, at a sensible price – the Hubconsult Smart Company Solution – and designed with international consultants in mind!
I started Hubconsult back in 2002 offering technical assistance on donor-funded projects both as a contractor and sub-contractor. Having just returned from volunteering with Voluntary Services Overseas (VSO) on a USAID-funded Rural Business Programme for an NGO in Eastern Zambia, I was invited to bid on a tender on a donor funded project in China. To my amazement, the bid won! And so, Hubconsult was launched…
Since then Hubconsult has won several projects as a Europeaid Framework Contract consortium partner, with the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Lux Development and with UK Government grant funds sending small teams of consultants on missions.
I have also worked on numerous projects in the field of international development myself as a sub-contractor – on corporate governance, public finance, Budget Support, Monitoring and Evaluation, strategic planning in a variety of sectors such as justice, Rule of Law, energy and agricultural commodity value chains (sugar, coffee etc). The main clients have been Europeaid (as well as its contractors), and other organisations such as FAO, UNDP, DfID, ADB and IFAD. In Europe, Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean – that’s a lot of airports!